Show your loved ones how much you care by whipping up a batch of these adorable heart-shaped cupcakes.
Recipe by Annalise Sandberg
- regular-size glass or ceramic marbles
- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ cake mix devil’s food
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- cup butter, softened
- cups powdered sugar
- tablespoons milk
- teaspoon vanilla
- Red or pink food color
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 30 regular-size muffin cups. Place 1 marble in each muffin cup between paper baking cup and muffin pan so baking cup takes on heart shape.
- 2 Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup two-thirds full of batter.
- 3 Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until tops of cupcakes bounce back when touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- 4 In large bowl, beat softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until frosting is light and fluffy. Add food color to make desired shade of pink.
- 5 Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes with knife or use decorating bag fitted with plain tip. Top with candy sprinkles.